Tuesday 18 June 2013

Regrets

People are always saying "I regret that" or "I regret doing that" but often most people don't mean that they actually regret it and they will only feel bad about it for a little while.

Even though I'm only 17 I have many regrets that I'll never live down.

I have already wasted most of my teenage years (apparently that best years of your life!) sat at home alone worrying about what everyone thinks of me and wishing I could go out with friends like all the teenagers you see on most TV programs. I've never been invited to a party which leaves me sitting in silence while everyone at college talks about how amazingly fun their weekend was.

I also regret not sorting out my acne until the end of year 11, which if I had done it earlier I wouldn't of had to sit through all the bullying that comes with secondary school life and not looking 'perfect' meaning now I'd probably not be so paranoid or have such little self-confidence.

Also being terrified of having a boyfriend which I finally got over last October, although it only lasted 4 months and him being my first makes it impossible to forget but it took 16 and a half years to get there meaning compared to many other girls my age and younger I'am pretty much inexperienced.

And finally my main regret which I still haven't got sorted and that is hard to even think about. Not getting help with depression and anxiety is something that I can't believe I haven't sorted out yet. I haven't even told anyone I know about it. Its so much easier to vent your problems online to total strangers who will only know what you tell them about yourself rather than actually getting help and fixing the problem.

I have many more problems but these are my main.

I guess what I'm saying is that everyone has at least one regret that only they can sort out but the longer you leave it the worse and harder it gets to deal with.

So do what you want and what will make you happy so that you don't have any regrets in the long run.

Twitter- @josieeberryy
Instragram- @josieeberryyy

No comments:

Post a Comment